The Emergency Room (ER) at Frye Regional Medical Center is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for all medical emergencies. Our ER provides the 40,000 patients we treat annually with:
- 11 board-certified emergency medicine physicians, 32 patient rooms and 3 nurses’ stations.
- Treatment of major and minor injuries and illnesses, including Express Care treatment.
- High quality standards for treatment of chest pain and stroke.
- Sexual assault nurse examiners specially trained to provide compassionate care and collect forensic evidence.
- Behavioral health treatment and referral, including suicide threat and alcohol detox.
ER or Urgent Care?
If you need care for minor, non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries when your primary care doctor’s office is closed, you might save hundreds of dollars and a trip to the ER by heading instead to an Urgent Care. Our facility in nearby Conover, for example, is open 7 days a week, including holidays.
Signs of a medical emergency
Some of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attack and stroke. Frye’s quality emergency care has been recognized for:
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline STEMI (Heart Attack) Receiving Facility
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
Paying for care
Learn about paying for your care at Frye Regional Medical Center, including insurance coverage, understanding your bill and financial assistance. Visit Understanding Billing and Charges for answers to frequently asked questions, to see a list of charges, and more.