Advanced Heart Services
Frye Regional Medical Center, a Duke LifePoint hospital, offers the region's only comprehensive heart center. The center provides open heart surgery, 24/7 interventional cardiology, and an experienced network of physician specialists and cardiovascular providers. Performing more than 6,200 heart procedures per year, the Frye Heart Center brings a high level of expertise and offers the latest advancements in heart care including minimally invasive aortic valve replacement, Impella 2.5® heart pump designed to protect blood circulation during high-risk procedures, and cryoablation, a minimally invasive advanced technology that freezes abnormal heart muscle to treat arrhythmias.
The Frye Heart Center is now the only Duke Health heart affiliate in western North Carolina. The Duke heart network is comprised of just six hospitals on the entire East coast.
Backed by the resources of the Duke Heart Center, ranked fifth in the nation for adult cardiology and heart surgery (US News & World Report, 2016), Frye Regional gains access to the most current Duke training and staff education, evidence-based guidelines and practices when it comes to heart and heart-related issues.
Quality You Can Trust For You and Your Family
The American Heart Association (AHA) has recognized Frye Regional Medical Center with its Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award for the fourth year in a row, which designates the facility's quality standards for caring for individuals having a heart attack. The AHA also recognized Frye Regional with a Gold Plus Award for its treatment of Heart Failure patients for three consecutive years.
As an American College of Cardiology's NCDR ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award winner for 2017, Frye Regional is recognized among the nation's top performing hospitals for treatment of heart attack patients. Frye Regional is one of only 193 hospitals nationwide to receive the honor.
As an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, Frye Regional works closely with EMS providers, physicians, nurses and other clinicians to diagnose and treat advanced heart conditions right here - close to home.
Recognized for Success
The Frye Regional Heart Center is recognized for the quality of its program with numerous awards and recognitions, including:
- Duke Heart Affiliation 2016 - Backed by the resources of the Duke Heart Center, Frye Regional gains access to the most current Duke training and staff education, evidence-based guidelines and practices when it comes to heart and heart-related issues.
- Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
- American College of Cardiology's NCDR ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2017. The award recognizes Frye Regional’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients and signifies that Frye has reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation’s secondary prevention
guidelines for patients with heart failure.
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to providing the most appropriate stroke treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
- The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Leapfrog Participant Grade A
For more information about the Frye Heart Center, please call 828.315.3278.
- Find a Physician
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- Occupational Health
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Mother & Baby
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Radiation Oncology
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Center