Welcome to Frye Regional Medical Center Medical Records. We are pleased to serve you by providing information on how to obtain your medical record. We believe the more information you have about your health, the healthier you will be!
The Medical Records department is open Monday - Friday
from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Frye Regional Medical Center - Take an immediate left after entering through the main entrance of the hospital. There is a phone on the desk (to the right) that will ring directly to Medical Records staff.
Fax #: 828.315.3030
Below are some guidelines to remember:
- Please allow up to 5 days for non-emergency requests. (There is a shorter turn-around time for smaller requests or for patient care requests.)
- Anyone over the age of 18 must complete and sign the Medical Records Form and present it to the Frye Regional Health Information Department. A photo ID must be presented to obtain medical records. (Another person cannot pick up your medical records.)
- You will be given an abstract of the medical record. If you need more than an abstract, you will be required to pay for the copies.
- Legal representatives or surviving spouses of deceased patients may provide legal documentation to gain access to a patient's medical records.
- Your primary care physician or a physician on the Frye Regional Medical Center staff who is ordering a procedure for you may request a copy of your records without signed authorization.
- Any records can be sent to another hospital, facility or doctor's office for continuing care without a release being signed.
If there are any questions about the form or the process of getting copies of medical records, please call 828.315.3115.
- About Us
- Chapel Services
- Complaints and Grievances
- Contact Us
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Gifts for Patients
- Hospital Team
- Medical Records Release
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Online Bill Pay
- Patient Financial Information
- Patient Portal
- Safety and Security
- Say Thank You To A Nurse
- Special Services
- Uninsured Patients